Packing is always a palaver, especially when packing a year’s worth of stuff into two bags. Here is how I packed the bag I shipped back the the UK. I used Send My Bag luggage shipping company. They seem pretty decent although I don’t want to speak too soon with my bag still in transit. My only complaint is that it would have been nice to have been told they didn’t ship to Guernsey while I was booking instead of a couple of weeks later.
Now, without further ado, the list:
1. Clean a year’s worth off dust off bag
2. Fill in the bottom of bag with underwear and scarves.
3. Add dryer sheets.
4. Roll up all T-shirts.
5. Tea break to contemplate how many black clothes you own.
6. Skirts next. Then dresses.
7. Unpack and repack as you realise you forgot your sun hat.
8. Pack remaining clothes and squishy objects
9. Realise you also forgot two draws.
10. Stuff bag with all remaining items while panicking about how much room isn’t left.
11.Use far too much cellotape to attach postage labels.
12. Leave bag next to door where it will present a trip hazard until it is collected.
13. Repeat packing process with items that are travelling with self.
14. Improvise with packing tape to squash items down.
15. Throw out everything that doesn’t fit in a bag.
16. You’re done!